Working with Others
The following useful links provide support, guidance and information related to the Changing Places Campaign.
- Changing Places Official Site: Our sponsored campaign on behalf of people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This includes people with profound learning disabilities, their carers, as well as other disabled people and their families. The Changing Places facilities have the right amount of space and the right equipment including a height adjustable changing bench and ceiling hoist.
- PAMIS: An organisation based in Scotland working with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, their family carers and professionals who support them.
- Mencap: Mencap works with people with a learning disability to change laws and services, challenge prejudice and directly support thousands of people to live their lives as they choose.
- The Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE): The CAE is an authority on inclusive design and aims to help secure a built environment that is usable by everyone, including disabled and older people.
- OpeMed: Manufacturer and installer of ceiling hoists for Changing Places rooms and other related equipment. OpeMed forms half of Aveso as a joint venture with Astor Bannerman.
- Astor-Bannerman: Manufacturer and install of changing tables and wash basins for Changing Places rooms and other related equipment. Astor-Bannerman form half of Aveso as a joint venture with OpeMed.
- DisabledGo: DisabledGo provides free detailed access information for disabled people across the UK and Ireland
- Euan’s Guide: Informative venue rating website for disabled people and their friends and families, including the rating of Changing Places facilities nationwide.
- The British Toilet Association: The British Toilet Association campaigns to focus attention on issues relating to the provision of public or ‘away from home’ toilets.
- Visits Unlimited: Provider of training and strategies for disabled visitors to public venues.
- Accessible Derbyshire: Charity formed to make Derbyshire the most accessible county in the UK, advocates and campaigners for Changing Places.
- Cheap0air: A useful website with Travel Accessibility resources for the Disabled and Handicapped.
The Full Guide to Flying with a Disability: A useful guide on how to make flying faster and safer for people with disabilities.