Fixed Privacy Screen
Aveso offers a wall-mounted concertina style Fixed Privacy Screen, designed for use in a Changing Places Toilet. In a Changing Places toilet, the WC should not be visible from the door opening and a Privacy Screen is often used so that a WC can be separated from the carer to give some privacy within the room.
• Full length Wipe-Clean handle and hinges
• No track or rails for entanglement
• Panels automatically fold correctly when panel is being closed
• Available in a range of lengths to suit user requirement
• Available in two heights to ensure it suits your particular application
- Maximum privacy and sound reduction
- Fold away when not in use
- Floor or wall mounted
- 6 panel screen 1800mm long
- 1650mm high
- Robust and stable solid panels
Changing Places Specifications: Privacy Screen
A curtain or screen should be provided between the toilet and the rest of the room. This provides privacy for people who, having been assisted into position on the toilet, are then able to use it unaided.
A Privacy Screen also allows an assistant to use the toilet in privacy if it is not appropriate for the person they are accompanying to be left alone outside the room.
Wallmounted retractable screens or free standing folding screens are preferred as they take up minimal space when fully retracted but provide the necessary privacy when extended.
When retracted, wallmounted screens should not obstruct the space to the side of the WC.
Ceiling-mounted curtain tracks or fixed rails are unlikely to be suitable as they may obstruct the ceiling-track hoist.